The pictures turned out beautifully. He is doing very well, learning how to cruise on furniture and saying more and more "words." He is even saying "mama" at times (though not often). He is not walking yet and that's fine with me. He can take as long as he wants. But make no mistake he is into absolutely everything!!
In other news I found out last week that I will not be staying in my current teaching position. The teacher I was "covering for" is returning. This particular teacher is great and they are so lucky to have him back. So I am trying not to be too bummed about having an uncertain future. I am trying to stay positive and remember that last year there were many kindergarten positions open for hire. So hopefully I will find something perfect for me. Though I am very sad that I wont get to see my kiddo's moving onto first grade. But hopefully in the end it will all work out. I think I have grown so much as a teacher this year. I began the year very anxious and unsure (in large part due to my ppd I think) but as the year has progressed I am finding that though I am not perfect by any means I can do a good job. My kids love me (though I dont mean to be boastful by saying that) and I love them. There are days when everything that can go wrong does, and there are other days when I am so filled with joy at simply being a part of their lives that I could sing. Being a teacher I have found is such a gift of yourself. I have tried very hard this year (my first year) to keep my students at the center. They are the reason I teach and if I can put their needs first then I cant go wrong.
I cant remember if I have mentioned here that we are in the process of buying a home. We are about 6 weeks in at this point and we have put in offers on three different homes. The first one we found out that the "brand new roof" they advertised was done illegally without a permit. So we ended up backing away from that one. The second countered back with some unreasonable criteria and the third we are waiting to hear back from hopefully tomorrow. I am so hopeful that we are going to get this house. It would be perfect for us and it is move in ready with minimal work needed. So any positive thoughts and good ju-ju you can send our way would be so great! Fingers crossed!
Here are some pictures from his birthday party:

Dont kiss me!!
Lovin' on dada.
Cheese-face.
In other news I found out last week that I will not be staying in my current teaching position. The teacher I was "covering for" is returning. This particular teacher is great and they are so lucky to have him back. So I am trying not to be too bummed about having an uncertain future. I am trying to stay positive and remember that last year there were many kindergarten positions open for hire. So hopefully I will find something perfect for me. Though I am very sad that I wont get to see my kiddo's moving onto first grade. But hopefully in the end it will all work out. I think I have grown so much as a teacher this year. I began the year very anxious and unsure (in large part due to my ppd I think) but as the year has progressed I am finding that though I am not perfect by any means I can do a good job. My kids love me (though I dont mean to be boastful by saying that) and I love them. There are days when everything that can go wrong does, and there are other days when I am so filled with joy at simply being a part of their lives that I could sing. Being a teacher I have found is such a gift of yourself. I have tried very hard this year (my first year) to keep my students at the center. They are the reason I teach and if I can put their needs first then I cant go wrong.
I cant remember if I have mentioned here that we are in the process of buying a home. We are about 6 weeks in at this point and we have put in offers on three different homes. The first one we found out that the "brand new roof" they advertised was done illegally without a permit. So we ended up backing away from that one. The second countered back with some unreasonable criteria and the third we are waiting to hear back from hopefully tomorrow. I am so hopeful that we are going to get this house. It would be perfect for us and it is move in ready with minimal work needed. So any positive thoughts and good ju-ju you can send our way would be so great! Fingers crossed!
Here are some pictures from his birthday party:



0 comments:
Post a Comment