Saturday, January 9, 2010

27 weeks and lots of stress....

27 weeks pregnant

How far along? 27 weeks and 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 18 (eep) pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at my last appointment.
Maternity clothes? Puh, since 8 weeks. Elastic waists are COMFY!
Sleep:Sleeping like a rock this week. YAY!
Best moment this past week: Getting the nursery closer to being finished!
Movement: Lots of movement when I am laying down, and lots throughout the day. Kicks are getting harder and I am feeling them a lot higher.
Food cravings: Veggie burgers with cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Yeah weird I know.
Gender: Boy, John "Jake" Aaron.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Still in, and hoping it stays that way.
What I miss: Being able to sit comfortably for long periods of time.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery, and our 3D ultrasound soon.
Weekly Wisdom: Dont have a baby and try to finish your Masters program at the same time. Seriously, just don't.
Milestones: Getting closer to 30 weeks all the time!

The baby:
Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey -- it's progress.


As for me this week. I have started my final class and project for my Masters degree. And I have to say that I am terrified. The class is going to be much more rigorous than I previously thought, and my due date falls squarely within a time when I am required to be working on my project. I will most likely have to apply (and will hopefully get) an emergency extension. If not then I will likely fail the class due to giving birth and being unable to complete part of my required project within the required time frame. So the stress right now is immense. I am also working hard to get my portfolio to where it needs to be. I must have a portfolio filled with 35ish completed and high quality projects from my two years in the Masters program. It must also contain paperwork completed by all of my professors. And due to me not completing things the correct way, I am scrambling to contact professors and get my portfolio in order. Its a HUGE amount of work, but I must do it in order to graduate and be eligible for my certificate. Combine this with two jobs, and preparing for a baby and its all a *little* overwhelming.

This week I had to do some labwork for the pregnancy which required that I take the day off of work (due to the length of the test). So Friday I completed my test and then came home and worked a little more on the nursery. The magazine rack, lamp, nursery art, and growth chart are still in the mail. But I did manage to hang curtains, shelves, pictures, a mobile, and get the glider in the room yesterday. I would say the room is about 75% complete. Here are some pictures of whats been accomplished thus far....


and I got a little sticky hook to hold my hanging wet/dry bag. I am hoping it works. Otherwise I will probably end up attaching a wall hook to the side of the changing dresser.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Sponsored by Free Web Space